Jonco Industries offers numerous contract packaging services, both combined and individual, to produce superior quality packaging tailored to your products. These services include:
Contract Packaging Services
To remain competitive in a rapidly evolving economy, manufacturers should consider partnering with a contract packaging company, or co-packer. Instead of spending time and resources performing packaging operations in-house, you can outsource the work to an experienced co-packer with the equipment and knowledge to streamline your supply chain. A contract packaging company handles the task of packaging your products so that you can focus on your core business.
What Is Contract Packaging?
Contract packaging manages the process of assembling a product into its final packaged form. It is a support service for businesses that helps reduce overhead, increase production, and streamline distribution. The co-packer provides the labor, equipment, facilities, and knowledge to produce quality packaging suitable for your particular products.
Contract packaging varies widely depending on the type of product and packaging methods. In general, the process is used to package products and goods for a range of retail, commercial, and trade applications.
Companies that offer contract packaging may offer services ranging from simple tasks like applying price stickers and bar codes, to complex operations such as packaging design, engineering, and fulfillment.
Different Types of Contract Packaging Services
- Packaging design: Our in-house design team will review your product specifications, including dimension, consistency, and protection requirements. Gathering this information allows us to create the best packaging to meet your quality and timeline needs.
- Inventory control: We offer inventory management, which includes receiving, auditing, and tracking all products from the moment they arrive in our facility until they are packaged and distributed.
- Plastic production and thermoforming: We complete on-site manufacturing of plastic and thermoformed packaging, including clamshells, trays, and blisters.
- Assembly and fulfillment: We fill each package using highly accurate sequenced fulfillment to ensure that everything is placed into the package in the desired position and order.
- Warehousing and distribution: Once your products have been packaged, we keep your inventory safely stored and organized until it is ready to be shipped.
Benefits of Contract Packaging Services
Contract packaging services offer these unique advantages over in-house packaging:
- Cost savings: When you work with a co-packer, you don’t need to invest in packaging equipment, automation, labor, and training. This frees you to focus resources on growing your business.
- Expert packaging design: Contract packaging companies specialize in packaging materials, methods, and designs, ensuring that you have the most effective packaging for your particular product.
- Faster turnaround times: Contract packaging companies invest in advanced technology and automation to deliver quicker and more accurate order fulfillment.
- Enhanced flexibility and efficiency: Co-packers have a wide range of capabilities to meet different packaging needs. This means that they can modify processes and tweak packaging designs as necessary to ensure that you have the best possible packaging for your needs.
- Industry knowledge: Companies that specialize in contract packaging services have years of experience with packaging materials and designs. Therefore, they can prevent problems and suggest improvements to provide superior packaging solutions.
Choosing a Contract Packager
Choosing the right contract packaging company is crucial for a successful fulfillment strategy. Consider the following factors when making your decision:
- Industry expertise: Choose a company that has extensive packaging experience and industry knowledge. An expert co-packer will save you money by providing higher quality service and advice.
- Proper equipment: Not all packaging equipment will fit all products. Before you sign a contract, make sure that you are working with a company that has the right equipment to package your product.
- Strategic location: When outsourcing your packaging operations, choose a contract packager near your own manufacturing facilities. They will be able to receive products and components for assembly in a timely manner. Alternatively, choosing a co-packer located near point-of-sale facilities may also be advantageous if it costs less to ship bulk components than to ship finished packaged products.
- Communication: Clear communication is crucial for a good partnership with your contract packager. Ensure that you have the same expectations for communication frequency, availability, and methods.
- Cost: While it may be tempting to choose the least expensive contract packaging partner, they could cost you more money in the long run. Double-check that they provide the level of quality and kinds of services you need. A good packager may cost more upfront, but they can save you time and money down the line.
Partnering with Jonco Industries
Jonco Industries is a premier provider of full-service packaging solutions for everything from food-grade packaging to secondary packaging. When you partner with Jonco Industries, you will benefit from decades of packaging experience and state-of-the-art equipment for virtually any packaging need. Our contract packaging capabilities include:
- Primary and Secondary Filling
- Food and Non-Food Packaging
- Liquid Filling
- Food and Non-Food Bottle Filling
- Food and Non-Food Pouching
- Gummy Bear Packaging
- Blister Packaging
- Flexible Packaging
- Clamshell Packaging
- Non-Food Club Packs
- Shrink Wrapping
- Cello Wrapping
- Non-Food Gift Sets
- Point-of-Purchase (POP) Display Assembly
- Fulfillment Services
Contract Packaging Near Wisconsin
For more than 40 years, Jonco Industries has been providing quality packaging solutions for customers around Milwaukee, Wisconsin and across the United States. Our dedicated team of designers and engineers has the knowledge and skills necessary to ensure that you have the perfect product packaging every time. To learn more about our contract packaging services, contact us today.